It’s going to be Christmas soon. Today, I’m going to make a few fun biscuits, just in line with the theme of the festival. Today’s biscuits are coffee-flavored which using various colors of chocolate to decorate instead of traditional icing sugar decoration .The biscuits are sweet and having rich coffee aroma, which tastes good.Well, it is easy to learn. Interested friends can try it.
First, Making biscuits
Main raw materials: 100g of unsalted butter, 250g of low-gluten flour, 70g of sugar powder, 70g of honey, 4g of lemon juice, 1g of salt
Coffee liquid: instant black coffee 5g, hot water 5ml
1. Instant coffee is added to the hot water, stirred evenly, and then allowed to cool.
2. The butter is cut into small pieces and softened at room temperature, and then whisk to smooth.
3. Add the powdered sugar and whisk it until the color is slightly white (do not need to over-mix, avoid excessive swelling during baking).
4. Add lemon juice, honey, and mix at low speed.(A professional planetary mixer is better, you can set the speed.)
5. Add cooled coffee liquid and mix evenly at low speed.
6. Add the sifted low-gluten flour, and then use a spatula to press and mix into a mass.
7. Put two layers of oil paper up and down, knead into a sheet of about 6 mm, and freeze for about 15 minutes.
8. Uncover the oil paper, sprinkle a little powder on the biscuit embryo, slightly flattened (the purpose is to remove the indentation of the oil paper), and the thickness is about 5mm. The biscuit embryo is cut with a mold cutter and place the after-cutting biscuit embryo on a baking tray.
9. Repeat steps 7-8 to run out all the biscuits dough.
10. Preheat the bakery oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, put it in the middle of the baking oven, and bake it at 170 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes until the color is evenly. (please adjust it according to the condition of your own oven), let it cool for reserve.
Second, biscuit decoration
Ingredients: Dark Chocolate / Milk Chocolate / White Chocolate / M&MS Beans
1. Melt the various colors of chocolate in hot water and put them into the pastry bags for later use.
2. Elk Cookies: Turn the gingerbread man-shaped biscuit upside down, fill the melted milk chocolate along the biscuit and fill it slowly, stick the MMS bean, and fill the remaining elk biscuit face in this way. Draw antlers and eyes with black chocolate.
3. Elk Round Biscuits: In the 1/3-1/2 position of the biscuit, stick a MMS bean with white chocolate, use black chocolate to draw the eyes and draw the antlers.
4. Gingerbread Man Biscuits: In the center of the body, two MMS beans are glued with milk chocolate, the position of the hands and feet is filled with milk chocolate, and the eyes are drawn with dark chocolate.
5. When all the decorated biscuits dried then bagged.(Because the biscuits are decorated with chocolate, do not put them in a place where the temperature is too high, so as not to melt the pattern)